Delusion and invention

It is amazing how I can use any circumstance to excuse, to myself, apathy and lack of activity. During the winter, when I was trapped in Scotland, I obviously could not do anything because of the low temperatures, and heavy snowfall, both of which affected transport so extensively that I could not do anything. Now we are having our few days of summer, I can't do anything during the day, because it is far to hot to be at all active. Equally, doing redirection letters and emails is an obvious reason that I don't have time to start in on the repairs to the paintwork on my boat. Equally, because I am doing such letters and emails, I need all my computer related gear to hand - computer, computer used as a TV, printer, scanner, and envelopes and stamps. I can't possibly clear them up while I am doing this job, and I can't do this job while the place is in such a mess. All this invention inspired by a need to delude myself that I am not lazy, or idle, or apathetic; but rather circumstances conspire against me and prevent me doing anything useful.

 I of course know that I am a useful and valuable person who brings light to all who encounter me; and I don't need to actually do anything - people should just be very thankful for my existence and presence - and if I choose to pass comment, whether positive or negative, on anything, then my comments are absolute gifts that people should take on board with suitable humility and gratitude.  And of course my perception of anything is always correct and anybody who fails to share my views is stupid, or is not in full possession of all the facts.

Makes you wonder why Nobel prizes, offers of high office from multiple places, parades in my honour with plenty of dancing girls and elephants, and world wide recognition of my unique gifts do not shower down on me as they so obviously should.   I wonder why?

No comments:

Post a Comment