Summer weather


There is normally a canal festival held in the Wendover arm of the Grand Union canal this weekend.  This has been held for about 21 years, but this year it could not be held because of some problem having access to the field where it is held.  To compensate, the Aylesbury Canal Society decided to hold an informal, semi-impromptu barbecue.  So, as I was intending to head for East London to explore the River Lee area, I set off from Aylesbury canal basin a couple of days ago to stop off in the Wendover arm before going on southwards.


I got here yesterday morning, and was the first boat here.  I moored up, and Ros came out to continue with the painting of a picture on my boat.  Yesterday was a glorious day and very enjoyable.  Today, of course, the day of the BarBQ and when about a dozen boats had arrived, was rain virtually continuously until late afternoon, and fairly heavy showers after that.  Tents were erected, and the coals fired up, and the barbecue held, but it can hardly be described as a particularly notable event - true some interesting conversations and a reasonably nice set of people, but hardly THE event of the summer.  


The forecast for tomorrow, as people will be going away is, naturally, for fine weather.


The joys of an English Summer.


I am going on from here towards London, and then on into Essex. This latter area is a complete novelty for me, and I am looking forward to my investigations there.



No comments:

Post a Comment