My Legs are Revolting


Our camp site was close to a spring regarded as blessed. Vehicles containing Tibetans, including monks, would stop while the occupants filled bottles with water from the spring. As a result it became both a place where there was on occasion a lot of traffic, and a lot of locals, all of whom were curious about us and spent time chatting and quizzing our driver and (eventually) our guide on these strange people who were in a fairly remote area of Amdo.

Part of the end of our trek was through very steep, wooded and rocky, vallies, following rivers; snaking backwards and forwards. The views were spectacular.

I only walked for two hours today, riding the rest of the way because my legs have decided to mutiny - they are not doing what I want them to.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris
    I'm heading out to Amnye Machen next week. I hope my legs can hold out! Is it possible to email you to get some info on finding a guide/yak, etc?
    Tim

    ReplyDelete