Travel Planning

Now got to the stage of looking at travel insurance and am finding that I am old enough to start encountering substantial price increases because of my age; and that the travel insurance included with my banking arrangements does not cover such an extended trip as I am making. So it's quote hunting, and policy comparison time.

I am also trying to find out if there are any problems for a UK citizen and resident obtaining a Vietnamese visa whilst in China. I am likely to be leaving the UK about four months before entering Vietnam, so may not be able to obtain such a visa before leaving the UK.

I have now put my booking for the Trans-Mongolian railway tickets in a queue, for when the tickets become available. I have also booked my air flight back from Bangkok; and my hotel in Beijing, for my first stay there.

Next on the list is sorting out some of the activities I want to do in Amdo and Kham.

No comments:

Post a Comment