Lake District to Scotland

My travels up to Scotland were via Blackpool, for an ASL tournement, and then to the Lake District for a few days walking. Most of the photos I took in the Lake District were spoiled by something on the lens - probably a strand of material or similar. However one of the pictures I took was OK and it is attached below.


The descent from Hindscarth as seen from just above Buttermere.

On the Friday I departed from the Lake District, having packed my voluminous luggage. Because I was attending multiple types of events - an ASL tournement, a walking holiday, and a week's stay at Samye Ling, learning a little about Buddhism and meditation - I had had to pack a lot of gear. This included computer and photographic equipment, and walking kit. The journey was fairly uneventful, and took much less time than I had anticipated. As a result I got to Lockerbie at about midday, and found a truckers stop which provided fairly good food, at a ridiculously low price, and connectivity so I could get my emails and check out the route over the last few miles.

I finally rolled up at Samye Ling at about 14:30 and unpacked and started the week's stay there. This is the subject of my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment