Not Atypical Living - Day 3

I woke at 07:20, got up and put some coal on the stove, had some cereal and dressed in my winter clothing again. I picked up my laundry, and walked up to the car. Drove to Stony Stratford. Given that it was eight o'clock when I started out, the road was surprisingly packed - I did expect a lot of traffic at that time, but it was solid from Grafton Regis all the way to the A5. I got to the laundrette at 08:35, which was too early for the attendant to be there, so I drove up to Wolverton and bought myself a paper and a coke. Took the laundry in, and drove to Cosgrove, where I left my car. Started walking back to the boat, and arrived at the boat at 11:20. While walking I was thinking about this diary and simply the fact that I have been recording stuff in detail has made me aware both how little and how badly I am eating. Over the two and a half days to now, I have had some bread and butter pudding, a fruit tart, four chocolate bars, a bowl of cereal, two cokes and about half a dozen coffees. This is not terribly good.

I am waiting for the kettle to boil, before making myself a coffee, and doing this diary entry while waiting for it. I am going to start off, when I have had my coffee, back up to the water point, fill up with water (about one and a half tons) and then take the boat down to Cosgrove. I got back to my moorings at 15:30. The weather was warmer than on Saturday, and I had my anorak and fleece jacket open for much of the way, and was wearing no hat or gloves.

So, one job - getting a delivery of coal, and one tai ji class attended - total time two and a half days. This is absolutely typical of life on the canals.

No comments:

Post a Comment