Not Atypical Living - Day 2

In fact I was feeling so tired that at about 16:20 I went to bed intending to put my head down for an hour or so. I woke at 01:30, got up and had something to drink, and looked at the computer, before going back to bed at round about 03:30. I woke again at 07:00, to find the stove had gone out during the night, so the boat was very cold. I tried relighting the stove, though I think I added fuel to it too early, before going for a walk up some of the locks at Stoke Bruerne. I got back to find that, if the stove is actually alight, it is struggling very badly. If this is the case I have a problem, since I used the last of my kindling trying to light it this morning. I had some breakfast, updated this diary entry and started doing some IT system development. After a while I had a shave,

Eventually I saw the coal barge coming down the lock and went over to it to pick up a bag of kindling. I started the stove, put the kettle on, and then backed the boat up to the water point moorings ready to have the coal delivered. I had to wait for Mike to deliver to the boats on the permanent moorings at Stoke locks. Having done them, he moved his boat over to mine, and loaded half a ton of coal into my coal bunker, and onto my tug front. He then sorted out diesel for me - 84 litres which was rather more than I anticipated. I moved back onto the visitor moorings, made a cup of coffee (the stove was going by now) and had a bath and washed my hair. I picked up my stick and weapons and walked up to the car to drive to Northampton to attend the Tai Ji session Lindsey had organised. I got there at exactly 12:30 the start time.

The Tai Ji class lasted three hours, and I then drove back to the boat, buying a coke and a couple of chocolate bars en route. I was quite tired by this time, and though I did a little programming, I mostly watched TV, deliberately keeping awake until 21:00 in order to bring my sleep patterns back to some sort of normallity.

No comments:

Post a Comment