The desirability of routine

While I was doing the CELTA course, I was working to an (arduous) regular routine. This involved, among other things, getting up early, driving into Cambridge, doing an hours Tai Ji practice and then working on course work. I was then working hard all day, which is something I haven't done for quite a while.

The routine, the regular practice, and the hard work all proved to be good for me - I felt better, I was operating effectively, and I was happy. Getting back to my permanent mooring, without the enforced routine has also involved me lapsing back into fairly formless daily activities. The routine, the practice, and the hard work all go.

So although I know that these things are good for me, I don't do them without an imposed routine. How do I provide myself with the motivation to do the things I like, enjoy and are good for me? A mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment