After the CELTA course

I have just started to journey back from Burwell, where my brother lives, and where I have been moored for the CELTA course I was attending in Cambridge.

I have gained a lot from the CELTA course, but none of the things I booked the course for. The course is very intensive - during the week I was working 16-18 hour days; with weekends being somewhat lighter - only 12-14 hour days. Even so, I found that while I could deliver the required standard of teaching English as a foreign language, I could not deliver according to their four week timetable. As a result I withdrew from the assessement process at the end of the third week - but not from the course. This means that I can refer to myself as CELTA trained, but not CELTA certified.

I then cruised down the Burwell Lode to the pub at the end of it. This was so weed encrusted that I took two and a half hours to do four miles. Yesterday I entered the Middle Levels (the Fens) ready to cross them to Peterborough tomorrow. Today I crossed most of the Middle Levels, ready to leave the Fens at Peterborough, to start up the Nene again.

No comments:

Post a Comment