Milton Keynes is 40





On Friday 12th October at about 18:25, I saw the local TV news which gave details of the festivities that had been arranged for that Friday, and the following day, to celebrate the 40th birthday of the founding of Milton Keynes. There was a Son et Lumiere, and an aerial circus act. I had not previously heard about the proposed celebrations. Living on a canal boat, as I do, I do not receive the local free sheet, which had publicised it extensively. I was sufficiently taken by the coverage to drive down into the city centre to watch it. I got there too late to see the illuminated parade which started the event, but saw the rest. I was so impressed by "Transe Express", billed as a "avant garde French aerial act" that I went down on Saturday as well, to take photographs of the event. Some of these are above. The aerial act's basis if forming, with live performers, an automaton consisting of a carillon in the form of a mobile, rotating 30-50 feet up in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment