Xtreme Everest

Last August I heard about the Xtreme Everest expedition, from I think, a New Scientist article. I emailed them to express an interest; had no response; and more or less forgot about it.

All this changed, last Friday, when I received an email at 16:00 which said that they had not contacted anybody whose application to be a subject was unsuccessful. It went on to say that a few volunteers had dropped out, and that if I could commit to attending a day of testing yesterday, and could commit to one of the list of dates from April to May, there were a number of slots available on a first come, first served basis.

This provoked a great deal of activity, thought and investigation on my part, which I conducted over the course of the weekend, and a number of phone calls and emails. It culminated in me speaking to the project manager at 14:15 on Monday, 12th February, 2007 to confirm that I had a slot and that I would be attending the final testing day on Tuesday.

I went for testing yesterday, and will be posting my impressions of that a bit later.

No comments:

Post a Comment