Four Workspaces and a Boat


For the last two and a half weeks I have been in the new wet dock of the Aylesbury Canal Society, painting my boat. While I knew that this was going to be a large job, I underestimated the scale completely. I have been painting continuously for about seven hours a day for my stay in the dock, and it looks as if it is going to be another week before I am done. The amount of time painting is in addition to preparation time, and little things like sleeping, eating, shopping, and so on. While I have been working I have been making full use of all the facilities (except heating) and these pictures show the four workspaces, and bits of my boat being painted. Above is my tools table, below my consumables cupboard.



Bits of the boat taken off the boat to be painted - hatches and doors.


More bits, plus some the bits taken off the boat to enable me to paint it.


And an interim stage of a portion of my boat.