The Tames of Northamptonshire

When cruising on the canals I have gone through the stretch from Milton Keynes to Rugby very often, but I have done very little walking in this area. So yesterday I decided to remedy this. I set off for a walk carrying my camera as usual. It proved to be very pleasant but very difficult to capture any landscape images, as the landscape is quite open, and (visually) fairly uniform. The walk, though it was about 10 1/2 miles, was not exactly challenging, nor presented much difficulty in navigation, even on a 1:50000 map, rather than my preferred 1:25000. The shires countryside - Northants, Leicestershire, and Warwickshire - do have quiet attractions, most notably little villages tucked away in folds in the landscape, that have been there for centuries, and which always come as surprising delights. However, it is not comparable for serious walking, to the Heights of the Himalayas, nor even the Wilds of Scotland; but rather it is the Tames of Northamptonshire.